The Water Technology Cluster was formed in April 2001 as part of a collaborative effort between California State University, Fresno and approximately 30 manufacturers of water technology and related equipment. Today the Cluster is comprised of over 200 companies nationwide or international.
The Cluster brings together water/energy companies and organizations with a common interest in identifying opportunities and addressing problems on a collaborative basis.
A strong cluster effort can lead the way to an economically more viable region. Important common interests include:
- Improving workforce and training programs
- Advancing water and related energy innovation technology
- Developing stronger business and organizational services
- Networking and optimizing regional resource awareness
- Building a world class water and related energy testing and business incubation center
The Cluster meets on a quarterly basis to learn from technical presentations by industry members on new technologies. (link to events)
Improving workforce and training programs – The International Center for Water Technology (ICWT) works closely with the Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board (FRWDB) to meet the needs of our local manufacturing companies.
Working hand-in-hand, ICWT and the FRWDIB can assist your company in the following areas:
- Pre-screening of qualified job applicants.
- Implementing an Upskill Training Program specifically to upgrade the skill level of your current workforce. (Information on this program can be found at: http://www.workforce-connection.com/fcwib/index.cfm?pg=upskillTraining)
- Layoff Aversion assistance for your business. (Click here for more information)
- Access to the confidential NO COST Human Resources Hotline at 1-844-431-4748.
Please contact Laura Ramos, ICWT at 559-278-5855 for assistance.
World class water and related energy facility which houses:
Barriers to doing business
Your Water Cluster, working with the Workforce Investment Board and other agencies, wants to hear from you about WHAT BARRIERS (regulations, inspections, codes, workforce trained candidates and others) are in the way of growing your business. Please try to be specific and not too general so we can target solutions. Please contact Laura Ramos, ICWT at 559-278-5855 for assistance.